Initial Applications are accepted through Oct 31 of the senior year in high school.
1. Seniors in high schools throughout the United States who meet the eligibility requirements may apply each year for 2 achievement-based scholarship.
2. Approximately 10 applicants will be selected as Semifinalists and notified by mail and email around December 1. Semifinalists must then complete a secondary application, including essays, official transcripts, and two letters of recommendation. Semifinalist applications are due by mid-January. Our Program Review Committee will select 5 Finalists to advance to the final interview phase. Notifications are sent mid-February.
3. In April, the 5 Finalists are reviewed by a Selection Committee representing outstanding leaders in business, government, education and the arts. 2 students are then designated as National Scholars and receive awards of $1000 for college.
APPLICANTS MUST BE:
- CURRENT high school (or home-schooled) seniors attending school in the United States (or select DoD schools);
- U.S. Citizens; U.S. Nationals; U.S. Permanent Residents; Temporary Residents (in a legalization program); Refugees; Asylees; Cuban-Haitian Entrants; or Humanitarian Parolees;
- anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of application;
- planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution;
- carrying a minimum 2.5 GPA at the end of their junior year of high school.
APPLICANTS MAY NOT:
- be children or grandchildren of employees, officers or owners of j. Bradley Project, Inc.